Fees and other charges 2021 (fees apply to all age groups)
Important – minimum sessions: Please note that the minimum booking is 2 sessions per week. These sessions can be taken as half-days or full days. Each session is a minimum of 4 hours. We recommend that new children (especially younger children) attend for a minimum of 3 sessions per week spread over 2 days to help them settle in. All sessions are subject to availability and it is not usually possible to book morning sessions only. Please also note that we do not usually accept children on a term-time only basis. Early Years funded places are available on a “stretched” basis and are not available on a term-time only basis.
Please see the information below for full details.
|Morning Session or Afternoon Session
(4 hours per session from 08.00 – 12.00)
|£26.40 per session (£6.60 per hour)|
|Lunch hour 12.00pm – 1.00pm
(must be booked in advance)
|£6.60 per lunch hour|
|Tea Time Hour 5.00pm – 6.00pm
(must be booked in advance)
|£6.60 per hour|
|Consumables charge for funded children aged 3+ (this covers snacks, materials for art, crafts, cookery, music & movement sessions, sun cream and sundries).||£1.00 per funded hour|
|Special all-day rate for NON-FUNDED children: 9 or 10 hours per day including lunch hour (applies to children who do not receive any funding)||£55.80 per 9-hour day (£6.60 per hour) 08.00 – 17.00
£66.00 per 10-hour day (£6.60 per hour) 08.00 – 18.00
|All-day rate for FUNDED children: 9 or 10 hours per day including lunch hour (applies to children who receive funding at all)||£59.40 per 9-hour day (£6.60 per hour) 08.00 – 17.00
£66.00 per 10-hour day (£6.60 per hour) 08.00 – 18.00
|Special full-time rate for NON-FUNDED children: (minimum 4 full days per week including Monday or Friday, only available for children who do not receive any funding).||£50.40 per 9 hour-day from 08.00 – 17.00 (£5.60 per hour)
£56.00 per 10-hour day from 08.00 -18.00 (£5.60 per hour)
|Additional half-hour 5.00-5.30pm (must be booked in advance)||£3.80 per half-hour|
|Discounts / lunches / other charges & services (information applies to all ages)|
|Registration fee (applies to children who pay for some or all of their sessions)||£120 (this is non-refundable)|
|Administration fee (applies to fully-funded children only)||£40 administration fee (this is non-refundable)|
|Hot lunch (optional)||£3.85 per day – 2-course freshly cooked lunch supplied by Alex’s Good Food. Children may bring their own packed lunch if preferred. If your child has special dietary requirements, please contact the office as a supplement may apply.|
|Snacks||Healthy snacks are provided throughout the day and are included in the fees / consumables charge.|
|Sibling discount||Available for non-funded children only. 1 discount per family. Please ask for details|
|Early drop-off or late collection charge (i.e. if not pre-booked)||£6.50 per half-hour – this applies if a parent drops their child early or collects their child late without pre-booking. Collection after closing time – a surcharge of £15 per hour or part hour will apply. Minimum charge £15.|
|SEND (Educational support / special needs)||Educational / special needs support is available on request. Please contact us for availability / prices.|
|Sundries||Parents should provide nappies, wet wipes and creams. If these are not supplied, we may charge £1 per session.|
|Sun-cream (April to September inclusive)||From April to September inclusive, parents and carers MUST apply ample sun-cream to their child before they arrive at nursery. We will apply additional sun-cream as necessary. This will be a “child-friendly” high factor, sensitive-skin sun-cream. We will apply the same sun cream to all the children unless we are informed of an allergy etc. This is included in the fees / consumables charge.|
Early Years funding
- TWO’S TOO FUNDING FOR ELIGIBLE CHILDREN AGED 2-3: some children aged 2-3 are eligible for funded childcare under the “Two’s Too” scheme. We offer this funding on a “stretched” basis” which gives up to11 funded hours per week for 51 weeks of the year. For information on eligibility, please ask for details or see the websites listed below.
- UNIVERSAL FUNDING FOR ALL CHILDREN AGED 3-4: all children aged 3-4 are eligible to receive Early Years funding. We offer this funding on “stretched” basis” which gives up to 11 funded hours per week for 51 weeks per year.
- EXTENDED FUNDING FOR ELIGIBLE CHILDREN AGED 3-4 (for working parents): eligible working families with children aged 3-4 can apply for extended funding (known as the “30 hours funding”). We offer this funding on “stretched” basis” which gives up to 22 funded hours per week for 51 weeks per year. It is the responsibility of parents to apply for this funding and please note that parents need to reconfirm their eligibility throughout the year (required by Bournemouth Council).
- CONSUMABLES CHARGE: a consumables charge of £1 per funded hour will apply to all funded children aged 3+. This covers consumables such as snacks, materials for arts and crafts, cookery, gardening, music and movement, sun-cream and sundries. This charge will apply from April 2019. This does not apply to children who receive Two’s Too funding.
- ADDITIONAL HOURS: all funded children can book additional sessions / hours. These will be charged at our standard rates.
- SESSION AVAILABILITY: We try to be as flexible as possible with our sessions but, due to demand, it is not usually possible to book funded places on a “mornings only” basis. All sessions are subject to availability and there may be a waiting list for popular sessions.
- FUNDING START DATE: please note that Early Years funding starts the school term after the child’s 2nd or 3rd birthday and does not therefore apply immediately after the child’s birthday.
- MINIUMUM SESSION LENGTH: please note that all King’s Castle sessions are 4 hours and we cannot register children for shorter sessions. This means for example, that if you currently receive 11hours of funding per week and you wish to book 3 sessions per week (12 hours in total), your funding will cover 11 hours and you will be charged the normal rate for 1 hour.
- FURTHER INFORMATION: please see the following websites for further information on funding:childcarechoices.gov.ukgov.uk/childcare-calculatorgov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds
https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/childreneducation/childcare/paying-for-childcare/early-education-funding-for-three-and-four-year-olds.aspx (funding for 3-4 year-olds)
https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/childreneducation/childcare/paying-for-childcare/early-education-funding-for-two-year-olds.aspx (funding for 2 year-olds)
- We accept payment in cash, by cheque, and by online BACS transfer.
- We also accept payment through and a variety of Workplace Voucher Schemes including Busy Bees, Care4, Edenred, Co-op, etc.
- Payment by cheques: Please make cheques payable to Saxonbury Road Ltd. Returned cheques will be charged for at a rate of £25.00. Due to bank charges, we do not accept cheques for less than £15.00.
- Payment by online banking / BACS transfer: Please see below for bank account details. Please ensure that your child’s name and the month is given as a reference.
- Payment via Famly: please log-in to access the payment page. Please ask Sandra or Mandy if you need assistance
Bank: Lloyds Bank
Sort code: 30-91-08
Account name: Saxonbury Road Ltd
Account number: 56692268
Terms and Conditions
- Please refer to “Fees and other charges” for details of discounts available.
- Fees for hours booked are fixed and are payable whether your child attends or not.
- Invoices will be sent out by email one week in advance of the month for which the invoice is due. Please kindly note that all fees will be payable by the first of the month. Please ensure that we have an up-to-date email address for you.
- Extra sessions are subject to availability. Please contact us to check availability. Extra sessions are usually available in the school holidays.
- Any adjustments to your invoice such as extra hours will be invoiced separately on the following month’s invoice.
- If a reminder letter is sent out you will incur a £10.00 charge plus an administration charge of £10 for each week for which the fees are late. Returned cheques will incur an administration charge of £25.
- We may not accept a child at the nursery in the case of late payment.
- We regret that days off due to illness and holiday must be paid for as a place has been reserved for your child.
- The nursery is closed for approximately 1 week for Christmas / New Year. Fees will be charged as normal for any sessions missed due to additional holiday or due to illness, etc. Please notify the nursery of your holiday plans at least 4 weeks in advance.
- The nursery is closed on bank holidays / public holidays. You will not be charged for any “paid hours” missed due to bank / public holidays unless this is an exceptional “one-off” holiday for national events etc.
- We make every effort to stay open and offer a full service to all our children and parents. If however, the directors and management decide that the nursery has to close for reasons beyond our control such as snow, ice, flood, powercut, industrial action, major health & safety issues, etc, no refunds will be due. In such cases, we will make every effort to minimise the closure period and to notify you in advance.
- Eight weeks’ notice in writing is required should you wish to withdraw your child from the Nursery or if you wish to reduce the number of sessions. If insufficient notice is given, you will be charged for your normal sessions during the notice period.
- Fees, etc will be reviewed annually. In addition, we reserve the right to review fees, etc at any time by giving 1 month’s notice.
We send invoices and other important updates and information by email or via the Famly app. Please ensure that the nursery office has an up-to-date email address for you.