Welcome to Kings Castle
25 years’ of quality childcare!
Since opening in 1997, Kings Castle Montessori Nursery has provided a happy, safe and caring environment for children aged 0-5. Our dedicated and qualified nursery staff provide a calm and stimulating atmosphere where all children can flourish.
Kings Castle is situated in the Tuckton area of Bournemouth and so is ideal for children coming from Littledown, Southbourne, Christchurch, Boscombe and surrounding areas.
The nursery has a baby unit, toddler unit and pre-school with different areas for each age group. We also have a lovely, fully enclosed garden with play area, planting area and an outside covered classroom.
- Situated in Tuckton, between Christchurch and Bournemouth
- Open all year
- Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 6.00pm, Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm
- From 3 months to age 5
- Flexible sessions
- Funded places available
- Hot lunch available (supplement applies)
Kings offers 3 areas for the children:
Highcliffe baby unit – ages from approximately 3 months to 2 years. Our baby unit feels like a real “home from home” and provides fully personalised care and an introduction to Montessori materials and activities.
Christchurch toddler unit – ages from approximately 2 to 3 years. The Christchurch toddler unit provides the first steps to independence and an increased focus on Montessori materials and activities.
Lulworth pre-school – ages approximately 3 years to 5 years. The Lulworth pre-school develops the child’s independence and provides excellent all-round preparation for transition to primary school. We work closely with all the local primary schools and many teachers comment on how well-prepared the Kings Castle children are!
The Lulworth pre-school offers a full Montessori curriculum and children have access to an extensive range of Montessori materials and activities. The Montessori curriculum includes and embraces all areas of the EYFS Early Learning Goals.
Each child has an individual development plan, created in partnership with parents and each child’s Key Worker.
- Safety and welfare
- A calm and caring environment
- Learning-by doing and learning through fun!
By providing a positive, supportive environment with lots of engaging activities, our hope is that each child leaves us happy, confident and bursting with enthusiasm; ready to take on the challenges of school life and a whole new world of learning.
We believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life to fulfil their potential and to thrive. A safe and happy childhood combined with caring, high quality childcare helps provide the foundations children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.
- To create a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
- To encourage each child to develop to their full potential.
- To accept each child as an individual and treat him/her as such.
- To acknowledge that the early years from birth to six are vital. The child needs every opportunity to strengthen positive attitudes towards him/herself, others and learning during these years.
- To introduce the child to the Montessori materials which promote independence, concentration, and social skills and encompass all cultural aspects.
- To ensure each child has a concrete foundation of language and numeracy skills.
- To ensure that from a solid foundation, the child grows to be confident and a competent learner for life.
- To ensure that each child feels nurtured and an important member of the group.
To give each child the time to play, explore, think, dream, laugh, smile and discover the world around them.