Kings Castle is open year-round except for 1 week over Christmas / New Year when we are closed.
We are also closed on bank holidays / public holidays.
Sessions and session times
We are open five days a week from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. The morning session runs from 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. The afternoon session is from 1.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. All children are also welcome to stay for the lunch hour (from 12.00 – 1.00pm). We also offer “Tea-time” from 5.00pm to 6.00pm
We try to be as flexible as possible and we accept children full-time and part-time, year-round and term-time only. Children need to attend at least 2 sessions per week. Children may attend a morning or afternoon session or all day. Please note that it is not usually possible to book mornings only. Special discounts are available for children who attend 5 full days per week (please see our fees page). Please note that all sessions are subject to availability and there may be a waiting list for popular sessions.
The nursery is closed for approximately 1 week for Christmas / New Year. In addition to this, all children are entitled to take 1 week of holiday (pro rata). Children will not be charged for sessions missed during this week. Fees will be charged as normal for any sessions missed due to additional holiday or due to illness, etc. Please notify the nursery of your holiday plans at least 8 weeks in advance.
Drop-off and collection times
It is really important that that parents follow the nursery times as closely as possible especially for the children in Lulworth. This is to ensure that children are not distracted from their activities and enhances the smooth running of the Nursery.
Drop off times:
Morning session drop-off 8.00am to 9.00am
Lunch-time drop-off: 12.00pm
Afternoon session drop-off: 1.00pm
12.00pm – end of morning session
1.00pm – end of lunch hour
4.00pm – 5.00pm end of afternoon session
5.00pm – 6.00pm “Tea-time” session
Before your child’s official start date they will be invited to attend two free, one hour sessions to gently ease them into their new surroundings.
Yoga and Twinkle Toes Music sessions
We offer a weekly Twinkle Toes music session for children aged approximately 1½ – 2½ years.
We also offer a weekly Yoga session for children aged approximately 2½ years – 5 years.
These sessions are optional. Please see here for the cost of a 40-minute session. The minimum booking is 1 term.
Meals and snacks
Parents are asked to provide any milk for children in the baby unit.
Healthy snacks and drinks are provided to all children throughout the day. Each of the rooms has a Snack Table which the children are encouraged to use when they are ready to have a snack.
Lunch-time is a more formal time when the children eat together and learn important table manners! Parents are given a choice of providing a packed lunch or opting for a hot cooked lunch provided. Our cooked lunches are provided by Alex’s Good Food and are cooked fresh on a daily basis. Lunch includes a main course and desert. Sample menus are available from the school office. Please see here for costs.
Other useful information
- The monthly nursery bill, newsletter and Parental feedback form will be emailed on the first day of every month.
Each child is requested to bring a full set of clearly labelled clothing each session. A coat and a pair of wellies are needed during the winter months and a sun hat is needed during the summer months. We also recommend that your child has waterproofs (top and bottoms) as we use our outdoor area come rain or shine.
- The children are provided with milk or water, and a healthy snack during each session.
- Children should bring their own healthy packed lunch if they do not require hot lunches.
- For babies please provide nappies, wipes or cotton wool, nappy cream, bottles (clearly labelled), food and milk with instructions and any comforters.
- Please inform us of any allergies or health problems.
- Records are kept of your child’s progress. Parents/carers may see these on request.
- If your child is unable to attend any sessions due to illness or other reasons, please inform the Nursery as soon as before 9.00am.
- We will occasionally have trainee Montessori students working with us from the Bournemouth Montessori College.
- There is off road parking for parents to drop off and collect their child safely.