Fees and other charges 2018 (we charge the same fees for all age groups)
|Morning Session or Afternoon Session (4 hours per session from 08.00 – 12.00)||£23.00 per session (£5.75 per hour)|
|Lunch hour 12.00pm – 1.00pm (must be booked in advance)||£5.75 per lunch hour|
|Tea Time Hour 5.00pm – 6.00pm (must be booked in advance)||£5.75 per hour|
|Optional 2-course hot lunch (Children can have a packed lunch from home if preferred)||£3.50 per day|
|Additional half-hour 5.00-5.30pm (Must be booked in advance)||£3.70 per half-hour|
|All-day rate: 9 hours including lunch hour
from 08.00 – 17.00 (applies to children who do not receive any funding)
|£49.95 per day (£5.55 per hour)|
|Special full-time rate for non-funded children*
(minimum 4 full days per week, only available for children who do not recieve any funding) The rate is for 9 hours per day from 08.00 – 17.00.
|£46.80 per day (£5.20 per hour)|
|Discounts / other charges / services (information applies to all ages)|
|Registration fee (applies to children who pay for some or all of their sessions)||£75 (this is non-refundable)|
|Deposit / administration fee (applies to fully-funded children only)||£75 (this is a combined deposit and administration fee. The £60 deposit is refunded after 8 weeks subject to good attendance and no fees being outstanding. The £15 administration fee is non-refundable).|
|2-course hot lunch (optional)||£3.50 per day – cooked fresh and supplied by Alex’s Good Food. Children may bring their own packed lunch if preferred.|
|Snacks||Healthy snacks are provided throughout the day free of charge.|
|Twinkle Toes Music Group||£3.00 per 40-minute session. Available for all babies and toddlers.|
|Yoga||£3.00 per 40-minute session. For children in Lulworth aged 2 1/2+|
|Sibling discount||We offer a 5% reduction of fees for siblings. Please note that this does not apply to families where both / all children receive funding. The discount applies to the second / third child only and only to the weeks when all the siblings attend.|
|Montessori Education fee||There is an annual fee per child of £10.00 for Montessori Education UK Ltd Accreditation. This only applies to children aged 2 1/2 and above.|
|Early drop-off or late collection charge (i.e. if not pre-booked)||£6.00 per half-hour – this applies if a parent drops their child early or collects their child late without pre-booking. Collection after closing time – a surcharge of £15 per hour or part hour will apply. Minimum charge £15.|
|Educational support / special needs||Educational / special needs support is available on request. Please contact us for details / prices.|
|Sundries||If nappies, wet wipes and creams are not supplied, we may charge 50p per nappy change.|
|Sun cream (April to September inclusive)||From April to September inclusive, parents and carers MUST apply ample sun cream on their child (sufficient for the whole time the child is at nursery). Parents / carers who do not apply adequate sun-cream before school, will be charged £5 per week.|
Early Years funding
- 15 hours of funded childcare for eligible children aged 2-3: Some children aged 2-3 are eligible for 15 hours per week of funded childcare per week under the “Two’s Too” scheme. Additional hours can be booked at our standard rates. For information on eligibility, please ask for details or see the websites listed below.
- 15 hours of funded children for all children aged 3-4: All children aged 3-4 are eligible to receive Early Years funding. Kings Castle offers Early Years funded places on a year-round (or “stretched”) basis and this provides 11 hours of childcare per week for 51 weeks of the year. A limited number of “term-time only” funded places may also be available and this gives 15 hours per week of funded childcare for 38 weeks of the year. Additional hours can be at our standard rates.
- Extended funding for eligible children aged 3-4 (working families): eligible working families with children aged 3-4 can apply for extended funding (known as the “30 hours funding”). Kings Castle offers extended funded on a year-round (or “stretched”) basis for 51 weeks of the year. This gives parents up to 22 hours per week of funded childcare.
- Parents can pay for additional hours (these will be charged at the rates shown above).
- Please note that due to demand, it is not usually possible to book funded places on a “mornings only” basis.
- Please note that Early Years funding usually starts the school term after the child’s 2nd or 3rd birthday and does not therefore usually apply immediately after the child’s birthday.
- IMPORTANT: please note that all King’s Castle sessions are 4 hours and we cannot register children for shorter sessions. This means for example, that if you currently receive 15 hours of funding and you wish to book 4 sessions per week (16 hours in total), your funding will cover 15 hours and you will be charged the normal rate for 1 hour. If you currently have “stretched funding” giving 11 hours of funding per week and you wish to book 3 sessions per week (12 hours in total), you will be charged the normal rate for 1 hour.
- The following websites provide detailed information on the childcare funding available:
- We accept payment in cash, by cheque, and by online BACS transfer.
- We also accept payment through and a variety of Workplace Voucher Schemes including Busy Bees, Care4, Edenred, Co-op, etc.
- Payment by cheques: Please make cheques payable to Saxonbury Road Ltd. Returned cheques will be charged for at a rate of £25.00. Due to bank charges, we do not accept cheques for less than £15.00.
- Payment by online banking / BACS transfer: Please see below for bank account details. Please ensure that your child’s name and the month is given as a reference.
Bank: Lloyds Bank
Sort code: 30-91-08
Account name: Saxonbury Road Ltd
Account number: 56692268
Terms and Conditions
- Please refer to “Fees and other charges” for details of discounts available.
- Fees for hours booked are fixed and are payable whether your child attends or not.
- We regret that days off due to illness must be paid for as a place has been reserved for your child.
- The nursery is closed for approximately 1 week for Christmas / New Year. In addition to this, all children may take 1 week of holiday (pro rata) without charge. Please note that funded children who take a holiday cannot recoup or carry over their funded hours in other weeks. Children will not be charged for sessions missed during this week. Fees will be charged as normal for any sessions missed due to additional holiday or due to illness, etc. Please notify the nursery of your holiday plans at least 8 weeks in advance.
- Extra sessions are subject to availability. Please contact us to check availability. Extra sessions are usually available in all school holidays.
- Invoices will be sent out by email one week in advance of the month for which the invoice is due. Please kindly note that all fees will be payable by the first of the month. Please ensure that we have an up-to-date email address for you.
- Any adjustments to your invoice such as extra hours will be invoiced separately towards the end of the month.
- If a reminder letter is sent out you will incur a £10.00 charge plus an administration charge of £10 for each week for which the fees are late. Returned cheques will incur an administration charge of £25.
- We may not accept a child at the nursery in the case of late payment.
- Eight weeks’ notice in writing is required should you wish to withdraw your child from the Nursery or if you wish to reduce the number of sessions.
- Fees, etc will be reviewed annually. In addition, we reserve the right to review fees, etc at any time by giving 1 month’s notice.
We send invoices and other important updates and information by email.
Please ensure that the nursery office has an up-to-date email address for you.