Due to Coronavirus, Kings Castle is currently closed. If you would like information about the nursery or if you need to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as we can re-open we will, take care and stay safe.
Since opening in 1997, King’s Castle has built up a reputation for providing a happy, safe and caring nursery environment where the needs of our children are given utmost priority. Our team of carefully selected staff provide a calm and stimulating atmosphere which gives our children the confidence to explore, experiment and build new friendships.
King’s Castle is situated in the Tuckton area of Bournemouth and so is ideal for children coming from Littledown, Southbourne, Christchurch, Boscombe and surrounding areas.
The school consists of a large converted house and a purpose-built nursery ensuring that the children have plenty of space and allowing us to offer different classroom areas for different age groups. We have a lovely, fully enclosed garden with play area, planting area and an outside covered classroom.
King’s Castle is registered with OFSTED to care for up to 68 children from 3 months up to age 5.
- Open all year
- 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
- From birth to age 5.
- Flexible sessions
- Funded places available
- Hot lunch available (supplement applies)
- Parking on site for drop-off and collection
King’s offers 3 main areas for the children:
Highcliffe baby unit – ages from approximately 3 months to 2 years. The focus of our baby unit is to provide fully personalised care for each baby.
Christchurch – ages from approximately 2 to 3 years – a stepping-stone to the first steps of independence and a gentle introduction to Montessori materials.
Lulworth Montessori Pre-school – ages approximately 3 years to 5 years. Increasing and developing the child’s independence by introducing the full Montessori curriculum whilst preparing for Big School!
Each child has an individual development plan, designed to meet their needs, created in partnership with parents and each child’s Key Worker.
- Safety and welfare
- A secure, calm and caring environment
- Learning-by doing and learning through fun!
By providing a positive, supportive environment with lots of engaging activities, our hope is that each child leaves us happy, confident and bursting with enthusiasm; ready to take on the challenges of school life and a whole new world of learning.
We believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life to fulfil their potential and to thrive. A safe and happy childhood combined with caring, high quality childcare helps provide the foundations children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.
- To create a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
- To encourage each child to develop to their full potential.
- To accept each child as an individual and treat him/her as such.
- To acknowledge that the early years from birth to six are vital. The child needs every opportunity to strengthen positive attitudes towards him/herself, others and learning during these years.
- To introduce the child to the Montessori materials which promote independence, concentration, and social skills and encompass all cultural aspects.
- To ensure each child has a concrete foundation of language and numeracy skills.
- To ensure that from a solid foundation, the child grows to be confident and a competent learner for life.
- To ensure that each child feels nurtured and an important member of the group.
To give each child the time to play, explore, think, dream, laugh, smile and discover the world around them.
Imagine, browse, welcome, giggle, chat, feel, dream, read, draw, stick, glue, knead, measure, tidy, count, learn, repeat, laugh, music, drums, dig, taste, snacks, whisper, sing, rhyme, dance, yoga, outside, inside, sunny, rainy, splash, drip, pour, wash, climb, balance, wobble, cook, roll, listen, stretch, bend, reach, bounce, crawl, cuddle, snuggle, sleep.